Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The lost earring project



It used to be one of my favorite pair of earrings. On a summer trip and while I was leaving a Greek island called Paros I lost the one of my pair... I kept it in my drawer and one day I decided that I wanted to wear it again! As a necklace of course! I used a lace from an old shirt and some flashy stones...I think with a bit of imagination and refashion mood you can do it too! Give your one earring a chance to "live" again...



Photo 1

I placed the earring on the necklace making a V shape. I used elastic metallic thread to avoid sewing.

Photo 2

With some flashy, old stones my imagination started working.


Photo 3

The scissors helped me cut a piece of elastic, metallic thread to start "sewing" my stones.

Photo 4

I passed the thread through the holes of the stones to secure the stones in the position I wanted. At the back I made a knot using a small plier.



I stitched a satin ribbon to hold the necklace and that's it! I hope you like it...



See you soon,
MikaLina


2 comments:

  1. Πολύ καλά 'εκανες και ήθελες να το ξαναφορέσεις γιατι το αποτέλεσμα είναι υπέροχο!!!!
    Φιλιά!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. πολύ ωραία ιδέα άλλος στη θέση σου θα το είχε πετάξει. Τώρα έχεις ένα καινούριο.Μπράβο!!!

    ReplyDelete