Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sewing project : Breezy skirt!

Skirts are fun, are easy to wear and the most comfortable garment in the summer! But why is it so hard for me to find the ideal skirt? Indeed, when I go for shopping, it is very difficult to find a skirt that fits me well. Most of the fashionable skirts are either too short for me or made out of polyester fabrics (too hot in the summer). I made this lovely midi skirt out of a dress and I'm very happy about it. It took me less than a half an hour and I am sure I'm going to wear it all summer!

I discovered this old dress in my mother's closet. She never throws away anything! In her closets I usually "dig up" many hidden treasures...The quality of the dress is so great! It is a light viscose which makes it so cool and fresh for the Greek hot summer! 

Photo 1 & 2
I carefully removed the back zipper of the dress and then I cut it 2cm above the waist hem in order to stitch the waist hem later.


Photo 3, 4 & 5 
I chose a zipper with the new length to stitch at the back of the skirt. Then I stitched the one side of the zipper and then the other one. I finished the skirt by making the waist hem. The skirt is ready! 




So what do you think?

 Kisses
Tailor Spy
 

4 comments:

  1. Μου αρέσει πολύ!!!
    Φιλάκια

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαίρομαι που σου άρεσε! Φιλιά!

      Delete
  2. ααααα!!! μη μου το κάνετε αυτό βρε κορίτσια...έχω να φέρω ένα σπίτι σε λογαριασμό μετά τη μετακόμιση... μη με κάνετε να τα παρατήσω όλα έτσι και βάλω μπροστά τις μηχανές... έτοιμη είμαι βεβαια...αλλά να, κάτι τέτοια προτζεκτ μου δείχνετε και ψάχνω αφορμή... τέλεια η φούστα βγήκε, και φαντάζομαι και η μάμα θα τη χάρηκε να τη δει έτσι φορεμένη!!! μπράβοοοο!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Το ξεμυάλισμα είναι η ειδικότητά μας Κατερίνα!!

      Delete